Sunday, August 26, 2012

I just can't help myself!

Um, so I am pretty much banned from going to PetSmart anymore. Not because I have misbehaved and been kicked out, but rather because I have the strong urge to save every homeless cat. (I really would if I could. I just need a much bigger home.)

See, this past week I rewarded Jacob by taking him to PetSmart to see all the fish, gerbils, and cats. Big mistake. I saw one cat, Riley, who I just fell in love with. Like our cat Bella, he was an underdog. Riley is almost 6 years old and has been returned to PAWS 3 times. Once because his owners lost their home, once because of allergies, and once because he was "too affectionate". (I have no idea what that means.) I felt so bad for Riley and was so intrigued by his loving nature. When we got our first two cats, I thought there would be lots of snuggling and lap time. But Penelope is young and independent and loves to run around outside. Bella is shy and can be loving, but only when she wants to. So I was excited about an affectionate cat. Plus I have read that having a male to the dynamics can be a very good thing.

As the week wore on, I couldn't get Riley off of my mind. I didn't want anything to happen to this sweet cat who has had such bad luck. Well, you know me and by Friday I found myself adopting another cat and bringing him home. Let's just say I have a very kind husband. and I promised him this would be our last cat. 3 is enough! I will no longer go into PetSmart to see any other homeless loveable cats.

But I am so glad he got Riley. He is very mellow and very affectionate. He loves to be around us and will come rub up against us. He'll jump into our laps and meow to us. He is so very sweet. The kids love him and his tender nature. And I do too. I am so glad we could give him a good home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

annjeanette said...

You crack me up!

Mandy said...

you are nuts!!!!???? You are a cat woman at too young an age. Yeah. I agree. marshall is amazing. Check email about the knee thing. What's up with your illustrating porfolio?