Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do you believe in leprechauns?


As you have probably figured out from my blog decor, I like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I have my little leprechaun, shamrock, and Irish maids figurines around the house. I have my St. Paddy's Day flag up outside and a shamrock on my door. Like all holidays, St. Patrick's Day gives me the chance to decorate and celebrate.

A few years ago we started a fun tradition with our kids that resulted from Anna's kindergarten teacher. On St. Patrick's Day a leprechaun had come to their class while they were at the library. How did they know? There were green footprints on the floor, the milk changed to green, and a note left by that mischievous little creature. Anna came home from school very excited and wondering if a leprechaun would visit our house. Because Marshall and I both loved the idea, we did have one visit. Whenever the leprechaun comes to our house, he likes to put things in odd places in the kid's rooms. Like a blanket hanging off a door or shoes on the bed. And he always leaves a treat, like chocolate gold coins or green frosted cookies. The kids love it when he comes, never knowing how he does it or when he will make his visit.

Tomorrow is the big day and I am very excited for the leprechaun to visit. We are true believers here in such magical creatures. Kids make celebrating holidays so much more fun. Just another reason to enjoy the magic of childhood!

No comments: