Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The forces of doom have struck again!

The gods of chaos and misery must have heard my determined thoughts to let today be a good after the insanity that was yesterday. When my husband tried to leave for work this morning, the garage door opened a foot and then stopped. Hmmm. That's not normal. After several attempts to get it opened, even manually, we knew it was time to call in an expert. It turns out our garage door spring is broken and needs to be replaced. So now I sit at home and wait for the garage door man to arrive. "Take that, foolishly positive and optimistic woman!", those menacing forces yell.

Of course, you know it is all a conspiracy. There are goblins, far more wicked than those in Harry Potter, who watch over my bank account and make sure it does not exceed a certain limit. They may let me dwell with a false sense of security for a few weeks, all the while busy with the gods of chaos trying to give birth to a new plot to drain some financial weight. They thrive on ruining my perfectly planned budget. It is their lifeblood to cause me stress and they are oh so good at it. They laugh as I hope to save for a new bed, tiling job, or what have you, all the while knowing they will prolong my goals by their evil plans.

What else could it be aside from goblins and gods of chaos and misery? Sometimes it seems too well coordinated to be anything, but an organized effort. You can't really mean to tell me this is all part of life. Besides, my explanation of angry gods and goblins makes it all the more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your explanations! We just had to replace our garage opener.