Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wonderful Birthday

When I was a child, I hated having my birthday on a Sunday. There was no school to have a party at, no place to go, etc. Just boring. Well this year I am loving having my birthday on a Sunday. My husband, family, and friends have been celebrating my birthday all weekend. I feel like a queen!

Friday Marshall and I went on a date. We got dinner at one of our favorite places, Brick Oven. Then it was off to get me a cell phone for my birthday. Crazy, but I've gone all these years without one. I've often thought it would be convenient to have a cell phone, but the clincher was coming upon a neighbor who was on the side of the road with a flat tire. I realized I do not want to be stranded with four kids, especially in the summer. So we got me a cell phone and I love it. The last part of the date, which shows how awesome my husband is, was getting a pedicure. Marshall was willing to come along and get his toes done since it was my choice. I've never had one at a real salon, just at the local beauty school. I loved having my feet pampered and massaged. I even splurged and got a little design painted on my toes. Marshall opted for the clear polish, despite the ladies trying to get him to do a color. He was such a good sport.

Saturday morning my friend took me up to the local art community for breakfast at their neat cafe. It was yummy and all organic food. I had a blue corn waffle with berries, whipped cream, and peanut butter on top and a strawberry smoothie to drink. I was curious how it would all taste, but the meal turned out to be delicious. Afterwards we looked at the art in the studios and shops. I love art, but rarely have the chance anymore to do something like that. It was such a treat! We saw some gorgeous pieces. When I got home, Marshall and the kids had flowers sitting on the table for me and a surprise outside. The kids led me out with my eyes closed and revealed a new bike. I was surprised and so glad since I have wanted one to ride with the kids. It's one of those fun cruiser bikes with the big soft seat and classic frame. I love it! Then my other sweet friend gave me some yummy smelling stuff from Bath & Body Works. I love fun lotions and such!

Today, my actual birthday, Marshall had meetings at church. But he made sure I had something delicious for breakfast by buying orange and raspberry sweet rolls last night for me to eat today. So thoughtful and so yummy! I've enjoyed all the well wishing and phone calls from family. Right now Marshall is making dinner, sun dried tomato cream sauce over pasta. Yum! And for dessert we have a berry pie and an apple pie form the best pie place in the world. I feel pretty spoiled.

So here's to another year of learning, growing, loving, and living. It's been a great 31 years and I know that with my sweet husband at my side it will continue to be a wonderful adventure!

No comments: