Sunday, March 13, 2011

He gets it!


This picture pretty much describes how I feel. I am invincible. I am the queen. I am a rock star, super hero, and amazing mother all in one. Why? Because I fought the long hard battle that was potty training Jacob and won. That's right, the boy gets it! He finally gets it!

After weeks of potty training drama, mounds of laundry from accidents, and pulling out my hair, Jacob finally was able to relax enough to use the potty. I bought him a new training potty, let him pick out his own new pairs of undies, and yet the battle raged on. The main problem was that he just could not calm himself down enough to go. He'd sit on the potty, but just couldn't let it go. Saturday, after holding it in for hours, we finally finally got him to relax and elt it go. Lightbulb! Since then he has been going on the potty with no problem. He is SO proud of himself. Me too! He went to church and came home dry today, doing hsi business in the potty before and after church. I am so excited! The boy gets it! And tonight he did some "bigger" deeds in the potty. Sweet!

Potty training may not seem like an impressive accomplishment to the world, but any mom knows it is huge deal. Once that success happens it's like standing a top the world. I am invincible! Go Jacob! Go me!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is great news! I'm glad it is going well for him and you. Good job to both of you. :)

Mandy said...

Hi Sushi,

Yeah. Everyone is glad how far I've come since Provo, including my own stomach that stays noticibly larger than those days. I now know for a fact that uber skinny people can't cook. Like me in my college days.

Wow!!!!! I'm so impressed you potty trained another kid. I'm scared to death to start the process. All that nasty mess, laundry and not going anywhere without a lot of stress about how long you can be out and about so mostly staying home sounds less than fun.

I finally read the rest of your blogs. Now I have another netflix title to check out and am really glad you got to see bill cosby. I've always loved him too.

And I have to agree with you about husbands being nice when I'm not nice to said husband. Sometimes I really wonder why Jim comes home at night.

annjeanette said...

Yay for both of you! I've gotta get Emma done. Blah. Can I send her to you instead? You are superwoman, after all!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jacob!