Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet Memories

Friday the boys had fun making a fort/ tunnel out of couch cushions and blankets. They had a blast and I couldn't resist catching their cuteness on film. It also brought back so many memories of winters in Valparaiso during law school. How did I not go insane while being trapped inside a 900 sq. ft. apartment with my two little girls all day?! I remember making that same couch fort/ tunnel with them. Play-doh was our best friend, as was construction paper, glue, crayons, the library, and anything else that would pass the time and keep little minds and fingers busy.

Wow, how times have changed! My little girls aren't so little anymore and we no longer are trapped inside all winter long. Still, I will always think of that time with fondness. Valpo forever will have a special place in my heart. It was such a wonderful experience for our family to live there. We created many life-long friendships from there. We grew so much. And we survived law school! Marshall had off every summer, Christmas, and Spring Break. Our life lacked so many of the responsibilities it does now, which was both nice and not so nice. It was one of the funniest times of our lives.


2 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Isn't it fun how we can look back with fondness on something that had its challenges at the time?

Mandy said...

Hi Sushi,

I finally got caught up on your last three weeks. I totally hear you with the sick kid thing and am scared of the potty training thing for you and for my future!!

I laughed so hard at your zits cartoon, especially the dad going into work early.