Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh, Bon Jovi

I know we all needed MORE proof that some rock stars are morons, but here's something I came across today that I couldn't resist sharing:

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi told a British magazine that Apple CEO Steve Jobs is responsible for killing music. Bon Jovi claims Apple's iTunes have taken away the experience of going to music stores and shopping for actual albums.

Really, Bon Jovi? I admit, you have made some awesome songs that are so fun to rock out to and I had a crush on you when I was a teenager. But then you do stupid things, like say Steve Jobs ruined music and I am left thinking about all the things I do not like about you. Your name has always reminded me of "anchovy". Long hair on men is not sexy. I don't know why it ever was popular, but I do like men to have hair shorter than my own. And those skin tight rocker pants are just plain old scary. Don't get me started on that whole package, no pun intended.

But let me mock you now for your stupidity. I love Steve Jobs. I kiss the proverbial ground he walks on because of his many amazing technological advances. Apple rocks to begin with, but what he has done with Apple as time has progressed is just plain amazing. I love my iPod. I love all things Apple and wish I could buy each and every last gadget brought forth by Jobs. And you, Bon Jovi Anchovy, are going to get mad at the man for "killing music"? Dude, you need to get your head checked. Someone smoked a little too much something back in the day.

Jobs has not destroyed music. Blame that one on Brittany Spears and all those obnoxious pop singers with nasally voices that have been "enhanced". I cringe just thinking about them. What about Insync or Back Street Boys? Rip on them for what they did to music, please, but not Steve.

And what is wrong with buying your music legally off the Internet? It makes me want to buy more music because I can do it from the convenience of my home. I think buying music would be good for music. Crazy thought process, I know. Have you ever been to a music store? I used to work at one, and while interesting, it wasn't life changing. People came in to buy music. Sometimes they listened to music at the store. You can still do that from your home now via the computer. So the only thing we are missing is going to the actual store. And that is bad, how? I cannot imagine taking four kids to a music store, turning my head sideways to scan for the CD I want, only to suffer a dizzy spell when I upright myself to chase down my kids who are running off in four different directions. Chaos! Shopping for music at home is a good thing.

Plus being able to buy music via iTunes allows consumers to pick and choose what they buy. No more lame "b sides" of the album where it seemed the artist was just trying to fill some empty space. Granted, there are some albums where all the songs are incredible, but those are rare and few between. Most times there are at least a few songs that no one ever listens to. Cutting out purchasing these songs is a good thing. One, it saves me money so I can buy more music I like. Two, maybe musicians will stop adding "blah" filler songs to complete an album and put on a whole slew of good quality stuff. I see only positivity there!

Oh, Bon Jovi, why do you insist making yourself look even more ridiculous? Why? I will still get goosebumps when I hear "Blaze of Glory", but, honey, you're not winning many points beyond that.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hi Sushi,

I know this one is mostly about your last post. I can't believe it's been three years. It feels like 7 in my opinion. I can't believe it's only been 3 years since that night we talked at Olive Garden. I was so glad I came that weekend! It made me feel like I could actually "be there" for ya.