Monday, April 16, 2012

The Amazing K-E Diet!

Vanity has reached a new level of low. Is it just me, or have weddings become Prom-on-steroids? Forget about the actual marriage that is about to happen, if you both are ready to commit and willing to sacrifice to make the relationship work. No. What really is important is how good the bride looks in her dress and if everything runs smoothly. Who cares if the marriage lasts?! She's just getting married so she can be princess for a day!

No princess wants to look fat in her wedding dress, so bring on the "crash diets"! One of the most popular right now truly shows the new low our society has hit. The new K-E Diet guarantees you will lost 20 pounds in 10 days. What's the secret you ask? Simple! You live off of a feeding tube for 10 days! How easy is that?!

"It is a hunger-free, effective way of dieting," Dr. Di Pietro said. "Within a few hours and your hunger and appetite go away completely, so patients are actually not hungry at all for the whole 10 days. That's what is so amazing about this diet."

That IS so amazing, but what is even more amazing is that people are actually PAYING to have a tube shoved up their nose and carry around a feeding bag. Oh, but it's not that big if a deal. The food bag is really like a "small purse" that patients can carry around and still be able to do all their daily activities. Except for that whole tube up your nose thing.

Seriously? I am not sure if I should gag first or strangle whoever came up with this horrid diet. I love food. It is awesome and I enjoy eating it. But I have learned how to control what I eat so that I can maintain a healthy weight. You couldn't pay me to go on that diet because I do not want to live off a feeding tube, no matter the weight loss benefits. I like real food too much. The fact that these ladies are willing to do this all for vanity's sake makes me want to scream. How shallow are they?!

I also want to punch them because I think it is a mockery of all the sick people who actually have no choice, but to live off of feeding tubes. My sweet thirteen year-old niece has been on a feeding tube for 3/4 of a year. Not for some vain purpose, but because she has bone cancer. Now that her treatments are ending, she is having to relearn how to have an appetite and deal with food. She hated her feeding tubes and would take them out any chance she got. But she had to use them to survive. And here these brides are choosing a tube diet in the quest for a smaller waist? If I was forced to live off a feeding tube for health reasons, I would be ticked! Why on earth would you choose that?!

Oh insane brides from Hades, when will your quest for beauty end? And when will you realize that the more you become obsessed with vanity, the less beautiful you become?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I saw this and immediately put it in my queue, but you beat me to it! :) Absolutely disgusting. I can't believe women are so shallow and vain.