Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Giant Box Fun

Who would have thought a box would bring so much fun? (Actually I guessed it, which is why I accepted the offer to take it.) Our sweet neighbors, the Browns, cleaned out their basement and wanted to know if the kids would like the box from their TV to play in. Um, yes! (As cool as it would be to have a 73" flat screen TV, sadly, the box is not from us buying a TV.) As soon as our neighbors brought it over, Jacob and I got busy making a door and windows in it. The kids have been enjoying it ever since!
Even my older kids have found it to be a blast. The girls brought markers outside to "decorate" the clubhouse. There have been requests to have dinner AND breakfast in the box. Along with asking if we can please read scriptures in it. Wow. Who knew? I thought it would be a big hit, but I am pretty sure my kids would move in to the box if I let them. It would help keep our real house clean and quiet. Hmmmmmm.


2 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

So fun!! What a great clubhouse!

Lempskies said...

I have done a couple posts about how children are like hobos.
I loved this b/c it's the same thing- the kids want to eat, sleep and LIVE in a cardboard BOX.