Friday, April 13, 2012

The Female Brain

My first year of college, I wasn't sure if I wanted to major in History or Pyschology because I love both. I picked History because I did not enjoy the scientific part of Pyschology. But that doesn't mean I love the subject any less.  I was so excited to read this book and was not disappointed at all.
Brizendine's exploration and explanation of the Female Brain is amazing. She knows her subject well and presents it in a way that is easy to understand. I laughed at times during my read because she described my behavior perfectly. How did she do that?! I loved getting a peak inside of my head from someone who can explain it to me. Who doesn't want to understand themselves better? Though, I admit, I am not looking forward to menopause after reading her descriptions of what happens. I already go nutty two weeks out of the month. I don't want it to happen full blown for months or years on end! But we'll deal with that when the time comes.
I found this book interesting, educating, and fun. If you want to understand more about being a woman, read it! Now I'm off to read her book about the Male Brain. I can't wait to learn more about and better understand my husband.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a book I need to read. I'm almost 40 and I still can't understand myself.