Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's all in the attitude

I've had friends over the years find themselves facing upcoming birthdays with dread and fear because they are getting another year older. But I can't say I have ever found myself in that situation. Maybe when I turn 42 I'll freak out because that is the age I really first remember my mom at. For right now, birthdays mean an excuse to go out on a date and presents, though it's not as exciting because you know, one way or another, the presents are coming from your bank account. Yes, that's the practical way my mind works. My impractical mind thinks it's a chance to get something I've really wanted. Though, narrowing down the list is hard. More than anything, it's a chance to be happy that I've made it another year and everything still works pretty well in this body.

I've heard it said that age is all in the attitude. And I believe it! I think I am pretty safe from being "old" as there are many things about me that keep me young. Here are just a few:

  1. I can feel the magic of Disneyland. There is nothing like walking through the gate and heading down Main Street, USA.
  2. I still get scared of the boogieman, especially when Marshall is gone overnight.
  3. I like "Phineas & Ferb", "Wallace & Grommit", and "Scooby Doo".
  4. I still believe I can become Wonder Woman. (and I still think she is cool.)
  5. I love holidays. Even though I know Santa isn't real, I love the magic of him. And I get so excited to go trick-or-treating with the kids every Halloween.
  6. I get excited when school starts because I love all the school supplies.
  7. I still believe nothing is impossible.
  8. I enjoy jumping on a trampoline with Jacob and sing the themes to both Batman and Superman.
  9. I am pretty good at making a blanket fort.
  10. I can do an awesome impression of almost any animal.
  11. I enjoy going to the library and looking at the Children's books.
  12. I sometimes I have a hard time admitting I am wrong, especially when I really thought I was right.
  13. I own an Angry Birds t-shirt.
  14. I think Lego mini-figs are adorable.
  15. I talk "baby talk" to my cats.
  16. I still get pimples now and then.
  17. I still day dream. I have my Prince Charming and now just dream of my kingdom.
  18. I still think my dad is invincible.
  19. There are times when I want my mommy and then I remember I AM the mommy.
  20. I still hate going to the dentist and doctor.

1 comment:

Stephanie Black said...

No need to freak out about the forties. Just sayin' :)

Great list! I also love Disneyland and think it's a magical place. And I have a Perry the Platypus T-shirt.