Friday, March 13, 2009

We Did It!


I feel invincible. I feel like Rosie the Riveter above, "Watch out for these guns because they can do anything!" I've conquered the enemy, slain the dragon, and come out victorious. I am on top of the world!

To what am I referring to? Potty training! It is finished and I am beyond excited. After three days of many accidents and tears, with Monday morning dawned a new hope. Suddenly, it all clicked and we had success! Jimmy started to tell me when he had to go potty and has ever since. We've had zero accidents. Jimmy feels so proud of himself and loves to wear his Thomas the Train and Spider man "panties". (He swears they are not undies because his sisters call them panties.) We've gone out to various places in undies and have not had a problem at all. The kid has learned when he has to go and he lets me know when it is time. And he even is dry at night. I am loving life!

It is amazing how empowering potty training feels. I was so nervous about this because 1) so many people have told me boys are difficult and 2) it was my first time flying solo. I admit, it was a struggle to train Jimmy. He was one stubborn little guy, but I held out and now am reaping the rewards. Marshall was in school when both the girls were trained and he took an active part in the process. So I was worried about doing it on my own and so proud of myself to see that I could do it too. You know, stick it out and not go insane or be super grossed out. (Remember, I hate bodily functions and would ban people from using the bathroom after I clean it, but then that would defeat the purpose of having a bathroom, right?) But I did it!

It's amazing how much happier both Jimmy and I are now that it is over. He feels like a big kid and loves it. He loves using his Lightening McQueen potty seat. It's awesome! I feel like I can do anything as a mom. Go me! I am so proud of my little Jimmy. We can do it and we did!

3 comments:

mathmom said...

Way to go Sue, and Jimmy! What an accomplishment. I wish I could get Melissa to tell me when she needed to go.

Michelle said...

Awesome! Congratulations, that is cool.

annjeanette said...

Congrats!! Isn't it funny that potty training can feel so empowering? Way to go!