Monday, May 10, 2010

Two More Days!!!!

In only two days my dad and stepmother arrive out here for a visit. I am so excited!!!! This will be their first time down here. My dad has been out this way before when he dropped my off at BYU my second year, but has never set his eyes on the red rock of Dixie. I cannot wait for them to arrive!

I love my dad. I am closest to him. He is such a good man. And we are so much alike, very organized, orderly, quiet, sincere, and loving. He has so much knowledge I wish I had. He is a master carpenter by hobby. We're going to work together on building Anna's Barbie house while he is out here. Having told her the story of the Barbie house my dad built for us as children, Anna wants me to build one for her. It just so happens that the timing is perfect for my dad to be here to help. Although I am daring at taking on projects, I would prefer some guidance on this one. And who better to give it? Plus I just completed re-finishing the cabinets in the kid bathroom and am taking a few days to relax between projects.

I am so excited to see my stepmother too. I love her! She is awesome and has been such a great mom to me. I admire her strength and character greatly and have been so blessed to have her in my life all these years.

Only two more days!!!!!!!!

No comments: