Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer is Here!!!! (eeek!)

Alice Cooper's "Schools Out for Summer" has been playing through my head these past few days because it is now officially summer for us. I share mixed emotions about it with my girls. Rachel was so excited to be done with school because she apparently hates it. But she was sad to say "goodbye" to her kindergarten teacher Mrs. Fonnesbeck. And when she met her 1st Grade teacher she told me she wanted to start now! Anna is sad to leave behind her beloved Mrs. Marchant, who Anna showered with pictures on a weekly basis. She has enjoyed being her class so much. But she says her new teacher will be fun too.

As for me, I am excited about not having to get the kids to the bus every morning or remember to pick up Rachel at noon from the kindergarten bus. It'll be nice to have less of a schedule. However, I am not looking forward to the hot hot summer days and fighting children. So far it has gone well, but we've had a few rifts. Rachel and Jimmy are used to being on their own while Anna is at school all afternoon. Rachel is normally in charge of their activities, but now the bigger bossier older sister is home to contend with. We shall see how it all plays out over the next few months.

I am just glad we've had another successful year at school. The girls enjoyed their classes and did fabulous jobs. I have been amazed at the change in watching my little Rachel go through kindergarten and learn so much. She is a reading fiend. And Anna is just growing and learning too fast! Now if we could only find a way to allow Marshall to be home to party with us and earn an income than things would be perfect!

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

I agree with all of it! At least the water is on at the parks now. Seriously, my kids think I am the COOLEST mom ever when we spend all afternoon at a park. Splash pads at a park = best idea EVER! Also, does Utah do free family film festivals in the summer? Regal theaters do it (google it). If not, come down here and go with us each week! love you!