Sunday, May 2, 2010

What makes me happy

-Jimmy making a walkie talkie out of Trio blocks and then telling me he can talk to Jesus on it. "Jesus, can you hear me?" So innocent and sweet.

-Rachel getting Jacob his blanket for him when he was sad.

-Anna drawing pictures almost every waking moment for her teachers, friends, and family.

-Jacob blowing kisses to his grandparents and when his Granddad didn't blow one back, Jacob calling out "Granddad!" to get his attention.

- Jimmy, Anna, and Rachel dressing up in bathrobes and baseball caps in their game of spy. Bathrobes make great trench coats.

-Marshall singing and playing the piano.

-Jimmy playing music and asking me if it's beautiful.

-Rachel reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to Jimmy twice before bed by the light of their night light.

-Anna carrying Jacob around and trying to be a mommy to him when he gets sad.

-Jacob throwing his arms around my neck and jumping into my arms.

-Marshall calling from work "just so he can hear the sound of my voice".

What makes you happy?

1 comment:

Stephanie Black said...

The smell of rain.

Flowering trees.

When I'm laughing so hard with my kids that I'm crying and can't breathe.

Going out for a Friday-night date with my husband.

Reading a good book.

Listening to the Tabernacle Choir sing in General Conference.