Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun with Tools

I am in love. I have a new obsession. This week was my first week of "Tools 101 for Women". It has been a blast. I have already gone project crazy on our house with the knowledge I've gained. I've been fixing all the popped screws in our walls and tearing down some random shelves in the garage. Not to mention patching the five million nail and screw holes in the garage. I swear the previous owners were drunk when working in there because there are so many random nails and screws to pull out. So patching and repainting the garage is a project in the works. Along with caulking the kid bathroom. And the list will keep growing!

The class is a blast. It's hands on and the instructor is lots of fun. She and her husband built their house together many years ago. She has lots of knowledge and ways to make home repairs easy and fun. It's so empowering and I love it!

Since the class is "hands on", we get to use her tools. Talk about awesome. She gets her tools through Tomboy Tools. They are tools designed by women for women. They are made to fit a smaller hand and work with a woman's strength. I can tell you right now that I have a wish list of tools I want to get, like their handy hammer with a built in nail holder, ratchet screw driver, and the neat little hack saw. I also love their drill, which is smaller and lighter than most, but it packs quite the power. Plus you can get all their tools in pink and they are decently priced. Check it out at www.tomboytools.com. (I must stop drooling.)

Yeah, I am in heaven. And I am an ever growing list of projects to do around the home. I can't wait for our classes on drywalling and plumbing!

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

I am so happy for you! I want to come take the classes with you! Maybe I should look into a class here. I enjoy all that kind of stuff as well.

Sarah said...

Wow, that sounds like such fun! I definitely need a class like that!