Monday, June 22, 2009

A Time to Reflect

The loss of a loved one and friend always brings about a time of reflection. This past week a dear coworker at my husband's office passed away unexpectedly. The loss has been felt by all at the firm.

I didn't know Krysti as well as some. I only knew her from work parties, visits to the office, and stories Marshall would tell me about her. But she had a great personality. She had no problem telling you her opinion. She was always good for a laugh. I loved watching the dynamics between her and her husband. Sometimes it was almost like a comedy act because they were such lively people. And I know she was dedicated to her church service because she and Marshall would always be swapping stories and advice when it came to Young Women. She also loved her family. Her son is due home from his mission soon and she was anxiously marking the days off until he arrived back. She was one amazing woman and will be sorely missed.

Since her passing was so surprising, she was young and in good health, I am even more grateful for the Gospel in our and her family's life. It is one of those situations where you can't help but wonder "why?". Would it have been so awful for the Lord to have waited until her son came home so she could see him again? We could go on and on asking such questions, but it really wouldn't do any good. This is just one of those times when we have to trust in the Lord and His ways. Obviously it was her time to return back to her heavenly home. That doesn't make the loss hurt any less, but it can bring peace and comfort in knowing the Lord, the Master, knows what He is doing. We need to have faith and turn to Him at such a time. If we accept His will, no matter how difficult, He will help us to endure all trials.

My prayers are with Krysti's sweet family. I feel blessed to have been acquainted with such a fun-loving, sweet person and will miss her.

2 comments:

judy said...

That was beautiful Sue. My sentiments exactly....she will be missed by many. Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I saw her obituary on Spectrum.com. I went to highschool with her sister Jeanette and brother Matt.(I had a huge crush on him when I was a freshmen). Would it be bad of me to ask what happened? I know she comes from a great family. I hope they can find peace amongst this difficult time.