Monday, June 22, 2009

I am Woman!


Ever since we moved into our house two years ago, the master bathroom sink hasn't drained properly. It's been really annoying. But, you see, we learned all about plumbing in my class last week and so I was up to the challenge to actually try to fix the problem myself.

This afternoon I took apart the pipes under our sink and washed them out. Then I unlatched the drain cover and cleaned out the drain pipe. Wow! I found some delightful blank gunk that must have come from some prehistoric tar pit. It was nasty/ cool. Then I reassembled the pipes and watched with pride as the water ran smoothly down the drain. It was such a high to know I had fixed it on my own and it hadn't been hard to do! And the whole cost of the job was only $.99 for the plumbing tape. Not bad.

So I pretty much rock. Sue: 1, House: 0.

4 comments:

annjeanette said...

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I have a sink that needs fixed. Can you come to Idaho?

judy said...

You do ROCK!! Score 10 points for you and womankind!

Sarah said...

Wow, nice job, Sue! You're amazing!!!!!