Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're off!


Today is the big day we head off to Pennsylvania. The bags are packed, the kids are excited, the mom is nervous, and we're watching the minutes tick by until we can head down to the airport to let the fun begin.

I would be happy if we could just skip the whole flying part. I just hate not being in control and I hate all the silly regulations we have now when it comes to flying. "I'm sorry, you want to take clothes with you on your trip? That'll be $20 per bag!" Or "You can't pack liquids with you because they might be explosives." Try having my three year old without apple juice and then you'll see a real bomb go off! Air travel is convenient, but it is getting more and more annoying. I ask myself why am I paying for this abuse? But then I have to remind myself it will be much nicer to make it to Pennsylvania in 5 hours rather than in 4 days. Just the thought of such a road trip makes me want to curl up in a ball.

Aside from the travel jitters, I am very excited to be heading out. I can't wait to see my family and my lovely green PA. I am also very very excited to have my busy husband at my side for 8 whole days! What a treat! We are in desperate need of a vacation and a break from life.

I know you'll all miss my intellectually stimulating blogs. It'll be hard to fill the time in my absence. Whatever shall you do? Have no fear, I will return and with me I will bring all sorts of new fodder, sarcasm, and pictures to treat you to. Have fun while I am gone! (And maybe pray that we'll all survive the airplane ride without too much drama. It couldn't hurt, right?)

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Have so much fun!!! I am so happy that you're able to see your family and home. Travel safe.