Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Mr. President . . .

Dear President Obama,

I think you may be confused about your job. Let me clarify a few things so as to help you out. First, you are not my mom. If you tell me to eat my vegetables and I don't want to, I don't have to. Likewise, if you tell me I must accept your health care plan and I don't want to, I don't have to. You don't know what is best for me. I'm not lying or being forced to oppose you by some insurance company, I just don't agree with your plan. So don't ignore me and tell me you know best because you're not my mama.

Second, I think you may have forgotten that our government is supposed to be "for the people and by the people" not "for Obama and by Obama". Every President has had opposition to his plans, that's just part of how politics work. That is okay. You need to accept the fact that not everyone is enamored with you or agrees with your plans. And you need to let them have a voice. No one wants to play with the crabby kid who insists he is always right. No one likes that kid. If you really want to do a good job as President, by actually caring about the people of our country, you need to listen to what we have to say.

Which leads me to my third point of concern . . . you say the time has come for the fighting to stop over this health care plan. Honey, it's only going to stop once you stop being a hard headed know-it-all and really make some changes that we want. Part of politics is compromising and you refuse to do that with your magic plan. We don't like that, see above about being a government for all of us, not just you. We have rights and concerns too and we want to make sure they are being heard and taken into account when health care reform is passed. We'll only stop fighting once you start listening.

You are not our dictator, but our president. Start acting like it.

Sincerely,

A Concerned American

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

PLEASE tell me that you are mailing that!