Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Good Halloween Read



Here's a vampire book that is clean and full of a lot of suspense! (finally) I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I was drawn into Bram Stoker's "Dracula". I've always wanted to read it, but never got interested enough to actually do it. Well, I am glad I finally did because it was an awesome read. Talk about suspense and drama. And the best part is that it was clean! No swearing, no sex, and violence. I mean the book was written back when people actually knew how to use words to tell a story. It is a masterpiece and I am a big fan.

Now I just wish Hollywood could make a movie that would follow the book. I've seen both the Bela Lugosi and 90's version of the story. Neither do the book justice. I would love to see the book come to life, true to the way it was meant to be told, without added in sex and gore. I'll just keep on waiting, but at least I've got the book!

No comments: