Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gremlin Problem


I don't know about you, but I think there must be a gremlin hiding somewhere in my bank account, bent on wreaking havoc and keeping balances low. He keeps tabs on when we have saved to a certain amount and then makes sure that something has to occur to suck away that money. No lie. Whether it be a medical bill or house need, he keeps those random expenses coming.

We did something foolish this summer and went on a vacation back to Pennsylvania to visit my family. No small undertaking for one's wallet. Well, that got the gremlin mad because we're not supposed to spend our own money on ourselves. He threw at us a random medical bills, baby bill, and a leaky ceiling. "No saving for you! Bwhahahaha!", he said. Just wait until he hears that we are saving to put sod in our back yard. "Your yard will forever be an eternal mud pit of doom!", he'll shriek in delight while erasing our hard saved dough.

I know, you say, life comes with it's ups and downs. Random things always happen, which doesn't make them random after all. But I swear there must be some evil force at work on my bank account because it's getting to the point of ridiculousness. I don't know if you all have gremlins, but I do. I mean, what else could it be?

1 comment:

Stephanie Black said...

Urrggh! How frustrating! Too bad there aren't reverse gremlins who put big piles of money in your bank account when you aren't looking!