Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Love This Time of Year!!!!!

Fall has got to be my most favorite time of year. Here are just a few reasons why:

I love caramel apples. Give me one any day over candied apples. I love apples and caramel. Put them together and you have yourself a little bit of heaven. Apples are in abundance at this time of year. You can makes pies, crisps, or just cover them in sticky yummy caramel. What's not to love?

Changing of the leaves! This is one time of year that I really miss living back East, so much so that I think I could pop at times. I love driving down a tree filled road bursting with red, orange, and yellow leaves. It's gorgeous. Too bad that just doesn't happen out here in the desert.

Cooler weather means soup. I love soup. It's easy to make, just throw it in the crockpot, and it is warm and hearty. I am always looking for new soup recipes, but have quite a few good favorites at our house. There's nothing like a hot bowl of soup with freshly baked bread. Yum!

Decorating for Halloween. If you don't know what a spazz I am about this holiday, then you don't know me! (Hello, it took me weeks to find the perfect Halloween blog background!) I had my in-door decorations up a few weeks ago and last night put up our ghosts and lights outside. I love to decorate and Halloween is such a fun holiday to have fun with.

And, of course, trick-or-treating. I don't know who gets more excited for Halloween, me or my kids. I love to watch their excitement. There's something magical for us about Halloween. They love to dress-up and go out for candy. It's so much fun!

5 comments:

annjeanette said...

I do love fall for all of the reasons you mentioned except Halloween. I just hate it. I always have. My poor children.

Bonnie said...

I'm with you, Sue. I LOVE fall. And Halloween! It's just so fun!

Michelle said...

I love fall too. It sure was beautiful outside yesterday. Hopefully today as well. :) I would love to try some of your soup recipes. You should pass me on some recipes.

Michelle said...

Oh yeah, Halloween is really great too and your kids are cute in their costumes. And caramel apples are the best. YUM! You know it's fall when eggnog is on the shelf at the store. I saw it there last night but controlled myself and did not buy any.

Sarah said...

Fall is my favorite time of year, too! But I do agree w/ Annjeanette, I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Speaking of caramel apples, have you ever tried apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? Their Tiger Lily apple is my fav! It's a big huge apple, dipped in this peanut butter and white chocolate mixture, then drizzled with milk chocolate stripes. Yum! I love how I can smell fall outside. Wish I could bottle that up and send it to you! But I'll be singing a different tune come February and wishing I was in your little oasis.