Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Go Phils!


I am not a fan of baseball. As a kid, I remember my dad watching it on tv and it seemed like time had stood still during those games because they would NEVER end. I agree with homer Simpson that baseball is boring to watch unless drunk. (Though I admit I've never watched baseball drunk.) It is not an exciting sport.

That being said, I think it is very cool that the Phillies have a chance at winning the World Series. The last time I remember the Phils being good was back in the days of Mike Schmidt. (But then again, that was when I knew his name thanks to my dad and I haven't followed them on my own.) There must be something in the water back there, which is nasty to the taste, but I still have great pride in the City of Brotherly love. I may not always agree with the politics there, but it has great people, culture, and food. At times I really miss being able to drive down town for a visit. Or hearing that sweet Philly accent.

So even though I haven't lived back east in over ten years and I can't stand baseball, I am cheering for the Phillies because they are a part of the place I love. (And maybe because I used to have a crush on Schmidt.) Go Phillies!

2 comments:

jmm43 said...

Just a reminder that the Phillies won the series last year. Go Phillies!

judy said...

Me too....I love Philadelphia and I will root for the Phillies too! They've come a long way, not that I ever watch baseball either, but another Series win would be great.