Thursday, October 1, 2009

Revenge: A Dish Best Served Fried?


In my dating days I never was the kind of girl to take a baseball bat to my ex boyfriend's prized truck. Yeah, I dated some real winners and have been burned by one or two, but still I didn't become obsessed with revenge or outlaw justice. (Losing out on me was a big enough punishment for them!) But that doesn't mean all women are like me.

One Pasadena, Texas woman decided to get back at her common-law husband after being burned by him. They had been fighting over some jewelry he had given her and then taken back. And what did she do to make things even? Well fry up and eat their pet goldfish, of course! She stole the fish from his apartment to do her ghastly deeds. When police found her she had already eaten three of the seven pet fish. That'll show him!

Seriously?! Um, the whole idea of revenge is to make the other person suffer, not one's self. Frying up and eating goldfish sounds like torture to me. I know, I am a vegetarian, but I don't think most sane people would want to eat goldfish. That's just plain nasty! Why couldn't she have just flushed them down the toilet or fed them to a cat? Did she feel better knowing she was actually ingesting them, taking complete part in seeking justice for her broken heart? Yum!

But then again the whole idea of revenge just doesn't make sense to me. What good does it do, but add gas to an already raging inferno? The best thing would be to get over it and move on, no matter how bad the case may be. Or maybe I'm just not creative enough to seek the perfect revenge. Either way, I promise that your pets are safe with me.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sicko! Oh my gosh!

Michelle said...

Gross. That is nasty.

Stephanie Black said...

That's really bizarre.

At least they didn't have a pet hamster.