Monday, December 20, 2010

#20


Darci. We've all had people come into our lives who have touched and uplifted us in times of need. Today is Darci's birthday and I cannot forget her. She has been a great blessing to me. The day Marshall was sustained as bishop, Darci came up to me and told me she would sit with me in sacrament every Sunday to help with the kids. Herding the children during sacrament meeting was my greatest fear and, through her, my prayers were answered. She has faithfully sat with our family for the past two and a half years and has become so much more to us. The above picture was taken at her house. One day every week she has Jacob come over to her house to play for 5-6 hours. It usually falls on the night that Marshall has bishop interviews. Having Jacob at Darci's is a huge blessing on those days because it helps me better handle the longer nights.

But more important than the help she gives is the relationship our family has gained with Darci. She has become a friend, mother, and grandmother to us all. As I've grown closer to the Lord, I've grown further away from my own mom. Our lifestyles are just that different that we have little left in common. That's always been hard. But through Darci I have found a mother. We talk almost every day. She is there when I am down, need help with the kids, or seeking advice. I am SO grateful for her. She has become a part of our family. She often tells me she doesn't know what she'd do without us and I feel the same way about her. We love her! We all have angels like Darci in our lives. I am so grateful for her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a wonderful and special lady. I am sure your family has blessed her life just as much as she has blessed yours.