Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#7


Last night I went to bed feeling sick and woke up just the same. My husband took care of getting the kids off to school and let me sleep in until 10am before he had to head to the office. To say I am grateful for him would be an understatement. C'mon, you all knew he'd be on this list somewhere, right?

I am grateful for my husband and he is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I feel like my life is a fairy tale and now I am living the "happily ever after" part. No, my life isn't absent of trials, clogging toilets, or puking kids, but it has everything in it to make it happy. I think of my life before my marriage as the "Cinderella dirty chores life" phase. I had committed myself to the gospel and found happiness, but was still very much alone in my beliefs. I had to stand up for my choices against the ridicule and confusion of family and friends. It was lonely and hard and often heartbreaking.

Then I met and married my husband. Life after that is called the "Cinderella castle life" phase. I still have chores and work to do, but I no longer have to be alone. I have an adorable, tender, caring, gentlemanly husband who has covenanted to always be by my side and help carry my burdens. An amazing man who is my strength, support, friend, champion, and protector. I have someone who is upholding and living my Gospel beliefs, a dedicated father and husband. I have the priesthood in my home. I have someone who goes to church every Sunday. Someone who can always take me to the temple, who actively takes part in Family Home Evening, scripture study, and prayer. I have someone who is humble, always seeking to do the Lord's will, striving to do what is right. I am no longer alone in this journey of life back towards the Lord. Is there anything more romantic than that?!

That is why I say I am living my "happily ever after" because I am. You may think I am insane since challenges and hard times still come. But who cares? As long as I have my ever faithful companion at my side, who holds true to the covenants we made in the temple, let life bring what it will! I am blessed!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love reading these daily blessing posts, Sue. Marshall is a great guy, and he has an equally great wife! I'm so glad I get to have such an amazing sister-in-law to go along with my totally amazing brother. :) I love you both!