Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#21


Nature. Yes, it's been raining for over a week now and we are on the verge of experiencing a flood. The water is rising under the bridges as the rivers, dam, and reservoir are overflowing. But I still love nature. I love the smell of fresh air flowing through my house in Spring and Fall. I love sunlight streaming through my windows. I go insane without those things. I love sitting outside with my children and playing. I love the changing of the leaves, jumping into piles of them after they fall from the trees. I love to play in the snow, the crisp fresh air, watching the flakes fall to the ground as a quiet hush falls over the area. I love paddling a canoe in fresh water, dipping my toes in a cold mountain stream. I love my early morning bike rides and runs when all is quiet, cool, and waking up around me. I could go on and on about nature. I love it!

I was reminded of my love of nature as I was walking through the cloudy downpour, depressed by the grey moody skies, to get the mail. And then I heard the sweet song of a bird. That music transported me to a sunny spring day, giving me hope and a reminder that there is life beyond this never ending rain. There is beauty all around when we take the time to enjoy it. I love nature and the joy it brings me every day.

No comments: