Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#8


Monday we took the kids to see the Nativity at the St. George temple. Anna noticed Baby Jesus resting on hay, real hay, and asked if people used to sleep on hay. I informed her that they did and that I was so happy we didn't have to sleep on hay. Straw tics with bugs running around them. Ick! Or a nice pile of hay. Perhaps just on the dirt floor of a cottage. None of these places of sleep can compare to sleeping on a nice mattress. I love my bed, my soft flannel sheets in the winter, and my warm down comforter. I love to snuggle down in the covers and just fall into a blissful sleep. Thank goodness for beds. There are many people in this day and age who don't have beds due to poverty. I am grateful I have a nice warm bed to sleep in each night.

No comments: