Saturday, January 8, 2011

Random Ramblings of Sue

- I love living in a place where I can go for a bike ride in the winter. I went on two bike rides today. This morning I pulled Jacob behind me for my long ride. Then this afternoon we went for a family bike ride to the park. I love, love, love being able to be outside in the winter and get fresh air!!! This is why I endure those nasty summers here.

- I tried Red Velvet Cake batter frozen yogurt. I love red velvet cake. My hubby doesn't so I never make it. But I love that cake! The yogurt flavor wasn't bad, but it was missing more flavor. Bummer. I'll just have to break down and make a cake. Anyone want to share it with me?

- Part of the reason I have been so busy is that I am working on a Disneyland mural in the toy room. So far I have Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto painted. I plan on doing more. I have been wondering what to put in the toy room forever and then it finally dawned on me, Disneyland! D'uh. It fits us perfectly.

- Speaking of Disneyland, only 3 more weeks from Tuesday until we go! Santa brought the kids a trip to Disneyland for Christmas, with their own personal spending money included. I got the van serviced this week so it is all ready for the trip. Now we wait. But I cannot wait!!!! We are SO excited!

- I have an awesome husband. I put a basket full of clean laundry in front of him and he folds it. If he is home, he is always willing to help. What a man!

- Anna has become the fairness queen. She feels very picked upon because life is rarely fair. This makes her crabby. Sometimes I wonder if she is 13 and not just 8. We are so doomed when she is a teenager!

- I saw a "Pet Boutique & Bakery" the other day. Now I've seen it all. I know people are insane about their pets, but a bakery? Really? Gross. How does one go to school to be a chef for pets? And who in their right mind wants to make delicacies for pets? Ick! What silliness!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

If I'm going to spend money on baked goods, it's going to be for me. Anything that will drink out of the toilet and eat its own poop does not deserve gourmet food.