Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some days I want to be a kid . . .

Some days I wish I was a kid. Yes, nap times, eating pounds of candy without a single reaction, and being filled with endless energy would all be nice. Though not being able to buy anything, drive myself anywhere, or set the rules in my life would not. Plus, who wants to do middle school again?

Still, some days I wish I could be a kid. Why? Tantrums. I wish that when I was having a bad day I could blame it on everything and everyone around me, except for myself. I would love to be able to scream and yell, lie on the floor and kick my legs all because my toast was too brown. No one would think I was insane, they'd just ignore me, let me get it out of my system, and move on until the next thing set me off. My favorite shirt being dirty, maybe? Wouldn't it be nice to let it all out when something silly happens to you?

We all have those moments where we feel like we're going to pop, but being grown-ups we just suck it in, suck it up, and move on. Yeah, a good full blown tantrum would be nice once in awhile. Then again, eating triple chocolate fudge ice cream at 10 pm because it sounds good is also a pretty good perk.

No comments: