Friday, May 6, 2011

I actually agree with"Dear Abby"?

Who can tell me what is wrong with the following letter posted in today's "Dear Abby"?

DEAR ABBY: I am an over-50 "cougar" who has a boyfriend who's not happy with my looks. He loves all the other aspects of our relationship, but he wants me thinner and prettier. I'll never look 30 again. What do you think I should do? -- BARB IN RENO

Times like this make me wonder if this stuff is made up. Can this woman really be that clueless? I love Abby's response.

DEAR BARB: Change boyfriends. If yours doesn't like you the way you are, face it -- your romance is on the downhill slide. Of course you'll never look 30 again. But what's important is how you feel about yourself.

My answer might be different had you said you wanted to be thinner because you thought it would make you more attractive. Please give this some serious thought while you still have a healthy level of self-esteem -- because the longer you're with this man, the more it will be eroded.


One of the few times I agree with Abby's advice. Couldn't have said it better myself. I just had to post it for history's sake.

No comments: