Sunday, May 29, 2011

Small and Simple Things


Miracles don't convert, but rather it is the small and simple things we do every day that make a testimony grow and remain firm in the Gospel. The key is to start from day one of a child's life by teaching them the Gospel: who they are, where they are going, and what the Lord expects of them. That way they will always know the truth.

This was reaffirmed to me today as I got the girls ready to leave for church. Jimmy had been sick and so Marshall, bless his heart, came home so I could attend Sacrament meeting with the girls and then we'd switch off so he could return to teach the combined 3rd hour block. I was planning on leaving Jacob at home with Marshall as he is only two, but once that sweet boy saw the girls and I gathering our church stuff he burst out with, "I go church! I go church!" Well, I am not one to fight that declaration so off he came to church with us (Mind you it was a heavenly meeting as Marshall was not on the stand to distract Jacob. He didn't have anyone to try and visit and so he stayed with us.) But it melted my heart that my little two year old knows we go to church on Sunday and that's where he needs to be.

Don't ever tell me children are too young to learn about the Gospel. They are watching us and copying what we do from the first day they come to this earth.