Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blagojevich Revisited

You all know how much I love Governor Rod Blagojevich of Illinois. Like I mentioned in my previous blog about him, I saw him a lot on the news when we lived in Indiana, a part of "Chicagoland". I didn't like the man. We all know why he is in trouble and my hopes have come true that he is continuing to prove himself a raving idiot.

Now if you were a leader caught doing something naughty and the whole country knew, would you 1)admit your wrong and gracefully step down from office or 2)deny it ever happened and cling to your power kicking and screaming? It's a hard choice, I know, so take your time to ponder.

Last night I was watching the news and heard the latest on our friend who states "I have done nothing wrong. I will fight until my last breath." Now remember we are talking about him being caught trying to sell Obama's Senate seat. I am beginning to wonder if the daily ritual in Blagojevich's office is to smoke their morning pot along with drinking their morning coffee. Or maybe he lives in a world called "opposite land". Better yet, perhaps he is just stark raving mad. I can't decide which it is. I guess I need to check up on my laws, but I always thought trying to sell a Senate seat was a bad thing. It reminds me of my favorite quote from Frost/Nixon, which is about Watergate (and no I haven't seen it because it is rated "R"), by President Nixon, "I didn't say it wasn't illegal. It's just not illegal when the President does it." Once again, I needed that clarification because I thought laws applied to everyone. Whew! I guess I need to be on a power trip to be above the law.

As for "fighting until my last breath", stop being so dramatic Rod. We're not talking about you having a good cause to fight for. Sweetie, this isn't some Holy Crusade. This is about kicking your corrupt butt out of office for failing to live up to your duties as governor by your illegal actions. Don't tell me you've always tried to serve the people. I didn't know the people have been begging you to sell off a Senate seat for your own profit. Just give up! You're beat, my friend.

But see, I was right. I said he wouldn't go down without a fight. And he is continuing to amaze us all with his witty and logical reasoning. What will he do next? Oh how boring this world would be if we didn't have corrupt politicians!

No comments: