Monday, December 1, 2008

Death by Broccoli


It's interesting to see how one's body changes with age. I'm not talking about the outward physical appearance, but the random odd things that can happen as one ages. For instance, I used to love to swing as a child, but as an adult it makes me want to puke. Why? Or what about pop? I used to be able to drink it just fine, but anything that isn't sugar-free now makes me want to gag. The worst is broccoli. I love raw broccoli in salads or just with vegetable dip. It's yummy. But for some reason raw broccoli makes me bloat up to an almost popping state of death. What's up with that?

Last night we had baked potatoes with homemade cheese sauce and cooked broccoli for dinner, one of my favorite meals. But my body decided to take things to a new level and make cooked broccoli evil too. I thought I was going to explode from all the baby and broccoli pressure. I was in such pain and discomfort all evening. It's not like my body has room to spare for such things since I have a big baby inside of me. Is this what I get for being good and trying to eat my vegetables? Not fair. Broccoli is good for the body and has lots of great nutrients. But now it has become my enemy. Vegetables are evil! You've been warned!

I've decided that if I'm going to die from eating something, I don't want it to be broccoli. Death by chocolate sounds much better. I mean they even have ice cream flavors by that title. It sounds much more appealing than "death by broccoli". Oh yeah! What a way to go! So I guess broccoli and I will have to part ways because my body has now deemed it "evil". I just hope my body never rebels against chocolate. That would be a tragedy and I might just have to do myself in with an overdose of that rich smooth dark delight.

No comments: