Thursday, December 4, 2008

Daily Exfoliation

I always get random little flyers in the mail offering some useless service I will never purchase. Who doesn't, right?

Well today in the mail I got a postcard offering a variety of services from a local car dealership. One in particular took me a second to figure out and then made me laugh. It states the following:

Nu'ESSENCE AUTO SPA
Daily Exfoliation $9.95
(Exterior Hand Wash)
14 Minute Guarantee

It took me a second to realize the ad was talking about exfoliation for my car. I didn't know that existed. I always thought exfoliation dealt with removing dead skin to make one's skin look better. But to exfoliate a car? Seriously, what does that entail? Will they "exfoliate" away the scratches my van has accumulated over it's time with us? Will they be able to get the gunk on the back fender from our trip to Aspen Grove off? I haven't been able to. Come on people. It's just a fancy way to say they hand wash your car. Is that really so special? I do that to my van at home for FREE. Heck, I do it to some of my dishes, bathrooms, and even my children. I'm just not impressed. Maybe I should start using fancier vocabulary and start charging for my services.

But let's not forget the whole idea of an auto spa. Seriously, what kind of insane person takes their vehicle to an auto spa? Someone who lacks any money sense. Is it the "in" thing to be able to tell your friends that you take your car in for it's daily exfoliation? How lame is that? Especially in these hard economic times when lots of people are struggling. Sorry, I have to hit the spa, my car is looking a little rough around the edges. Please. Maybe I am evil, but I am thinking car spas are having a hard time right now. At least I hope people are being smart enough to not use them right now with money being tight. Of course, I see no need for them at any time and would hope people are smart enough to wash their own cars or use one of those coin car washes. Isn't it cool to be semi-grass roots?

If you can't tell, I think the idea of an auto spa or "daily exfoliation" treatment for my car is ridiculous, frivolous, and any other negative sounding "-ous" ending adjective. If I am going to spend any amount of money on exfoliation, it will be on me, not my car. I'd love to have my feet done and I'd enjoy it too. But even then I can't justify spending the money on that. Maybe as a treat after the baby comes. But my car, no way, no how, ain't happening.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are so funny! I did not even know that existed.