Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, all of you have been forced to hear how wonderful I am ever since Sue started this blog, but she has not had to deal with the same problem, so I will hereby embarrass her.

Why do I love Sue? I was asked that by some of my friends when I first became engaged to her. My first answer was that she was smart. She is much smarter than me. She is dedicated to learning, especially about the gospel, and her insights into life always help me in my own personal decisions.

She is loving. She cares about others and puts them first. She is always writing cards, sending plates of cookies, or doing anything she can to make someone else's day, including mine.

She loves the Lord. He comes first in her life. There are no exceptions. She has never hesitated to accept a calling or to support me in mine. She never will. She always reads her scriptures, even if it is while hiding in the bathroom, and she always seeks His counsel on everything. Just ask her about praying if we should go to Disneyland?

She is beautiful. Sometimes she forgets this, especially after having a baby, but she is beautiful. I love looking at her "beauteous visage" and look forward to many more times that I can gaze at her.

Too many more reasons to mention, but one of them is sitting on my lap throwing a royal fit, so I should end now. I love Sue, she is incredible. Being bishop makes people notice me a lot, but I wouldn't be close to who I am without her. I hit the jackpot when I married her, and I think about that every day.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

MyDonkeySix said...

Thanks Marshall. I was so confused why my blog had changed. What a sweetie!

Bonnie said...

You are right, Marshall, Sue is pretty darn amazing. Happy Valentines to you both!

Michelle said...

Ahh, that is so sweet.