Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hopeless, completely hopeless

My brain has really turned to mush and the scary thing is that I am fully aware of it. I have a "mom brain", which has gotten progressively worse with each child that comes into our lives. Not only do they take my energy, but also my mind power.

You see, this morning Marshall was looking around the kitchen for the butter to put on some toast. Having just used it to butter Rachel's toast, I told him to check in the fridge or on the counter. No such luck. Then I told him to try looking in a cupboards because maybe I put it in there instead. (That's the scary part people. I was fully aware of my having done that before.) And low and behold, where did he find the butter? In the cupboard. Oh my. Thank goodness I got my degree before children because I do not know if there is any hope for me now. It's amazing I still have a driver's license.

2 comments:

Suzanne Lucas said...

Butter in the cupboard is not a big deal. Your MIL used to leave it there all winter.

Now, ice cream in the cupboard is bad. Not that I would know anything about that.

Michelle said...

I have put things in some pretty strange spots before. What drives me crazy, is when I put something where "I won't lose it", then I never find it again. That is annoying.