Monday, December 14, 2009

Mom-outage

We're experiencing a power outage at my home. I know, you say, "But how can you write on your computer if there is no power?" I should clarify. I am experiencing a power outage, a "mom-outage" if you will. Any energy I had when I got out of bed this morning was washed down the drain with my shampoo suds. After caring for a sick child yesterday it seems my turn has come to fall ill.

It makes me really wish that we were having a house-wide power outage or at least some energy conservation going on. A "pause button" on the children perhaps. It would be something only used for rare occasions, like when mom is sick and needs to rest. I promise I wouldn't use it to check email or get my floors mopped without interruption. I would only use that pause feature in my children when I am sick.

Kids are so funny because when you tell them you are sick, which is an attempt to beg mercy for your slow moving state, you might as well tell be telling them the sky is blue. So you're sick, does that mean I shouldn't be yelling at my brother or terrorizing the baby? He moves and he's cute, but he is not a toy! Do not shut him in your room and leave him alone! When we have "mom-outages" we should also declare a "no war zone" in the house. No fighting, no yelling, and no messes. Just sit on the couch all day and read quietly while the maid cleans and the chef cooks you lunch.

But it's not to be so. "Mom-outages" happen and such is life. Hopefully I'll be restored to "full power" by tomorrow.

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Get better soon! It really should be against the law for mothers to get sick!