Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Hulk Hair"


I know I'm not the only one, who as a child, anxiously awaited the weekly airing of "The Incredible Hulk". I thought there was nothing that could stop the Hulk. It was so cool to watch Bruce Banner lose his control and morph into the big mean green guy. He could kick major butt and smash up anything. A kid's dream!

The other day I was driving and saw these three teenage boys goofing off on their way home from school. As they tackled each other in their obnoxiously tight fitting and hideous jeans, their long feathered hair bounced in the win; immediately bringing to my memory the Incredible Hulk. They had, which I have affectionately dubbed, "Hulk hair"! That nasty feathered, teased hair, minus the green. The one thing I hated about the Hulk was his silly hair and these guys looked just as ridiculous as that actor did back on the show. I don't understand the look with teenage boys of having shaggy feathery hair. It's totally unflattering. I mean it's an awkward enough time of life when your face and body are going through all sorts of changes, let alone adding to it by wearing long fluffy hair. Not helping the situation! Whenever I see a guy with that nasty "Hulk hair", I just want to bust out my clippers and go to town on his hideous head. It looks like they spend more time on their hair than I do, which isn't much. That's just plain scary. If I were a young woman I would have no problem avoiding the guys because they'd be too repulsive to tempt me. Guys who had hair longer than our own or who spent too much time styling their locks were not dating material.

Who knows what will be in style when my kids get older. But if "Hulk Hair" is still in, I will feel pretty sorry for my girls and have very unpopular clean cut boys.

No comments: