Saturday, December 19, 2009

Interesting Tidbits

- My husband's friend is a manager at a local retail store. He was telling Marshall that Christmas Eve day is called "man day" in retail stores because it is the day men go shopping for Christmas. They always make sure to have extra staff working the floor to help their male shoppers find that perfect gift. I find this hilarious.

- Kirk Maxey may have fathered up to 400 children through his sperm donations. From 1980-1994 he visited his local Michigan sperm bank twice a week to donate. Eeek! That's just scary! But Maxey is working to have legislature passed to stop this from happening with others after he realized how many children he possibly has fathered. Ick!

- Why are liberal people so crabby? A local person wrote in to our paper today complaining about how adults believing in God is just plain scary. It's cute when kids do it, but disturbing for grown-ups. Gimme a break! Let me celebrate in my way and you do it in your way. Don't be such a dork about it.

- Some have called Tiger Woods racist because none of his affairs were with black women. Um, okay. Would that make it more acceptable if he had been sleeping around with women of his same color?

- Others have defended Tiger, saying that maybe he just has a condition where he needs to be with numerous women. So if I am a drug addict then I should be able to use until I die of an overdose, right? I just have a problem, but it's okay. Let's legalize all our vices!

- I am so sick of "open minded people" saying I am close minded for having my own beliefs. I thought being open meant you accepted every one's beliefs and let them be happy in them. Don't these "free thinkers" realize they are just as close minded as the rest of us apparently are because they are busy forcing their doctrine on us?

- Another good reason not to drink. A man in Sandusky, Ohio paid $72 for one taco at Taco Bell. He was drunk and refused to take his change from the worker, saying instead "Merry Christmas". So far he hasn't come back in to claim his money. Probably because he doesn't remember it happening! Taco Bell is good for cravings, but not $72 good.

No comments: