Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Save me from Dr. Phil!

I should be laying down before the baby wakes up from his nap, Anna gets home from school, and the Dynamic Duo come back from playing at a friend's, but I am blogging instead. After all, quiet moments are rare.

I just finished wrapping a bunch of Christmas gifts. I thought I'd take advantage of not having any kids around and get it over with. Yes, I am done with my shopping minus a few items. But overall, I am done! It's a wonderful feeling. It helps to start early and keep it simple. But I digress.

While wrapping presents I thought I'd actually watch something on tv. (Gasp, right? Does the tv go on any channels other than Nick Jr during the day? Is it possible?) Then I remembered why I never try to watch anything during the daylight hours because there is nothing good on. Some things never change even after you grow up. I could pick a variety of soaps to watch, but my life has enough drama in it already and the only hunk that makes my heart skip a beat is currently in a Washington County court room. Or Dr. Oz can show me what diabetes does to my body by using hammers, drywall, and broken glass. (He knows how to make medicine exciting. Daytime tv at it's best!) Then there's Dr. Phil. Ugh. What new drama is he going to save us from today. Thank goodness for Dr. Phil! The man reminds me of a southern preacher and actually thinks he can perform earth shattering miracles. At least his ego claims to. Or how about "Inside Edition", where I can learn all about Tiger Woods and his many mistresses? Do I care? Thanks for proving that your fame has made you as idiotic as all the other celebrities. At that point "Diego" was looking pretty tempting. Good thing I finished wrapping my gifts and was saved from trying to drudge through any more channels.

I have thought of the perfect torture to use on me, aside from waiting in the doctor's office. Strap me to a chair and force me to watch day time tv. I promise I'll be spilling all my secrets in no time.

No comments: