Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Little Things

Who knew such joy could be given by spending a measly $2.40 at Home Depot? My how my world has changed and happiness has been brought back to life because of one little purchase.

What on earth am I talking about, right? A while back our lame tub stopper broke. It's the annoying kind of stopper that one has to twist and then push down. It never worked very well in the first place. We usually had to sit and try and twist it a few times before it would catch and plug. But then one day it broke completely. The only way we could keep water from leaking down the drain was to hold the plug in place with our feet. Not very relaxing while you freeze in an inch of water as you wait for the tub to fill up. And it was really lame because I like baths, especially when I am pregnant. I take at least one every other day. A nice soak helps to relax me and take away some baby tummy pressure. In fact, I've told my husband numerous time that I was just going to spend the rest of my pregnancy soaking in the tub.

So happiness was brought back to our lives when I was at Home Depot this weekend and remembered to buy a new plug. I took a bath tonight with it and I was in heaven. I was able to get in the tub after it filled up and even able to lay on my side to alleviate pressure. No worries about the water all leaking out if I didn't keep my foot on the plug.

It's amazing what a nice tub plug can do. It really is all about the little things. Now if I could only figure a way to spend the next four weeks floating in water until the baby comes then I'd be set.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I hope you've learned your lesson and next time won't wait to spend the $2 for your sanity. So worth the money.