Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Reality


My mom left for home today. Major bummer. It was so much fun having her here. The kids all loved playing with Gramby. Rachel informed me that Gramby needs to move into the house next door to us. I know my mom had fun playing with the kids, though at times she was overwhelmed by their energy (I can relate), and enjoyed holding Jacob. I will miss having an extra pair of hands and my afternoon naps. And, of course, I am now homesick. I love Pennsylvania. I think it is one of the more beautiful states. Plus it has great food and Lancaster County, which is where I would settle if I moved back there. The Amish and farm country. So I'm sure I'll be sad these next few days as I look around at the red rocks and miss having my mom here. But I am so glad she could come and help out. And, according to my mom's tradition, she did do one little project while she was here. Last year she recovered our brown couches to red. This year she made cute patch work pillows to go with our leather couch. I love them and can think of her when I see them. Now it's back to reality! =(

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

That is the hardest thing: letting mom go after a baby or even just a visit. You'll be fine though, although I understand your sadness in having to give up your afternoon naps! It was hard for me too after my mom left when Emma was born.

Bonnie said...

We need a picture of the pillows!

Good luck with having your mom gone. You'll do great.