Sunday, January 11, 2009

Conspiracy Theory

I'm starting to think there is a secret plot in our ward to fatten me up. People kept telling me how good I looked when I was pregnant and I am thinking now they are trying to unleash their revenge in the form of baked goods. Instead of holding ward council meetings, I know they are really planning on which members will bring what dessert over to our house each night. I'm catching on to their little game and, I admit, I've been enjoying it way too much.

You see, we have loads of treats in our home. With Marshall's first Christmas as bishop came many sweet goodies to our door. But then the arrival of Jacob only brought more. We're talking chocolate cakes, cupcakes, sweet breads, cookies, etc. It's so kind of everyone to bring us goodies. But the problem is that I love sweets. I could eat dessert with every meal. Whenever Marshall and I go on a date, I want to know about dessert. We can't go out and not get dessert. That would just be sick and wrong. So here I am after just having a baby, wondering if I'll ever be able to pull on my normal pants again, and my house is overloaded with goodies. Evilness! Conspiracy! Temptations galore! I did invite family over to help eat some sweets so as to avoid my scarfing it all down, but while they were here someone else brought us a treat. It's a plot, I tell you! They're out to get me and my once little pants size too!

But I guess there are worse things than being killed off by kindness in baked goods form. It wouldn't be as fun if they were bringing over beans or beets. Death by chocolate cake does sound rather pleasant.

No comments: