Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cutie!

Tuesday is a big day because it's Marshall's birthday. You all should take the time to wish him a happy birthday. (Side note: It's also the 9 year anniversary of when he proposed to me. Pretty smart to do it on his birthday. I still remember it all so well, the proposal in the park. Que romantico!) Anyhow, in honor of my sweetie, here is a list of a few things (I could write tons more) that I love about him:

- His beautiful singing voice.
- His smile. He has the happiest temperament I know.
- The way he looks in a suit.
- His humility.
- He loves the same tv shows that I do.
- His taste in music. Even though I am not a big Judy Garland fan, I cannot imagine a Marshall without Judy music.
- His old fashioned sense of romance.
- His ability to make people love and feel at ease with him.
- His knowledge of the Gospel.
- His handsome face.
- He is a righteous, sacrifice all, man of God.
- He spends hours each day serving me, the children, and our ward. It must be tiring. I bet some days he just wants to take a day off and steal some time for himself. He is always serving others and NEVER complaining about it.
- His sense of humor. I love how we can still chat in bed at night and end up in giggling fits of hysteria.
- His wit. I love to match wits and sarcasm. We can get on a roll.
- His love for and involvement with our children. He has got to be the most fun and cool dad ever.
- He'll dig whole new sprinkler lines for our yard. He doesn't like that kind of stuff, but he does it because someone has to. He steps up when things need to get done.
- His love and respect for his parents.
- He can go with me to the temple always.
- His strength. He can endure a lot and carries a great weight with all his duties, but he does it and he does it well.
- His testimony. He is always searching the scriptures, pondering, and learning. Always strengthening his testimony.
- He loves me despite my silly quirks and worries.
- He lets me work with tools, which I love, and doesn't feel his manhood is threatened.
- His great tenderness and kindness for me and others.
- His love and concern for my crazy sweet family.
- His patience with me.
- His knowledge of random facts. How does he do it? He is like a sponge!
- His blue eyes.
- His sense of daring. He has no problem getting up and making a fool out of himself as long as he is having fun and giving everyone a good laugh. I could never do that.
- His closeness to the Spirit.
- He treats me like his help meet, his equal, his partner, his queen.(even when I am a crabby butt head who is wrong!)
- The love and respect he shows me and shows our kids for me.
- He never misses a chance to teach the kids or me. I am always learning from him.
- When we were dating he told me he dreamed of taking his wife to Broadway shows because he loves the theater. He has kept that promise and I love it!
- His awesome relationship with all of his siblings. They can get together and just laugh it up!

Oh, I could go on and on and on. He's been in my life for 9 1/2 years and I have loved it. He gets cuter every year too! I am so blessed to have such an incredible husband. Happy Birthday, Marshall!

3 comments:

Jarrod said...

He is an amazing person. Our lesson today in class was actually about the bishop and our kids had some great things to say about him. They all have a great deal of respect for him and he teaches them a lot. (they like the candy too)

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday, Marshall! You are every bit as wonderful as Sue says. I would tell you how much I love you, but that might shock the socks off of Sue because she isn't used to McConkies expressing their love for each other. But what the heck. I love you! A lot! Thanks for being such a great big brother!

Enjoy your day!

Stephanie Black said...

What a great tribute to a great guy! Love you, Marshall! Happy birthday tomorrow!