Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stupid Parent

Here's a great parenting moment for you that makes you wonder why it seems to be easier for stupid people to reproduce.

As I was walking through a parking lot to a store, I passed by a father and son heading to their car. Another vehicle was pulling out in their path. The son said "Dad, we need to stop and wait." The father, idiot supreme, said "No, we can keep going. He will stop." His young son was hesitant, but followed suit of his dad. The vehicle backing out, a big SUV, saw them as they came into sight of the side mirrors and had to slam on his brakes so as to avoid hitting them. I was appalled to say the least.

What I should have done was yelled at the stupid dad, but I didn't. Who doesn't know that you should stop when a vehicle is backing up? You never assume that the driver is going to do anything because you don't know what they are thinking! And here we have a man teaching his son the direct opposite of all this, going against all the rules of safety. Hopefully this poor kid will keep sticking to his gut instinct to stop and not follow the horrible example of his father. No wonder the world is full of so many reckless idiots.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is crazy. I see stuff that freaks me out all the time.