Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Ramblings

- Who cares about potty training?! We should be teaching our kids to do chores instead. They have way more energy than we do so why not put it to good use? My four month old woke up for the day at 5:30 and is protesting a nap two hours later. Just think of all that he could accomplish in that time. If he keeps this up I am starting him on spring cleaning.

- Speaking of naps, if someone shut me in a cool dark room with a fan going, you would not hear a peep out of me. No complaints. You wouldn't see me for hours, maybe even days.

- As I was weeding last week I thought about Eve and the apple. I hate weeds. Living in the Garden of Eden, a place where everything beautiful and nice grew on it's own, would have been nice. It better have been one of those caramel dipped white chocolate swirled apples with nuts on top that she was offered.

- Why isn't working off the food as fun as eating it? It would be so much more enjoyable to be able to taste the food again as you worked the calories for it off.

- Why is it always the fat women who wear the tube tops? I was almost blinded the other day at the park by women attired as such. Sweetie, I know it's hot outside, but I don't want to see your rolls and cracks. I'm hot too, but I have the common sense to wear clothes.

- It's almost comical how when I sit down to read my scriptures the phone rings, someone comes to the door, or a child is suddenly in dire need. What is up with that?

- If Craig's List was a drug I would be a hardcore junkie that failed rehab every time. I love checking it multiple times a day for good deals. I'm an addict.

- Babies are smart, smarter than we think. They know if they are all cute and giggly they won't be in serious trouble for getting up early or skipping a nap. Still . . .

- Why don't I have a maid?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Ha ha. I love it! Tasting the food again as you work it off. Now there's some exercise I could actually do.