Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beware of Pools!!

Who knew swimming pools could be filled with such scandal and danger?! I had to laugh as I read the following story in a magazine while I was waiting to get my hair cut yesterday:

A WOMAN is suing an Egyptian hotel claiming her daughter got pregnant - from using the swimming pool.
Magdalena Kwiatkowska's 13-year-old returned to Poland from their holiday expecting a baby.

Magdalena believes the teenager conceived from stray sperm after taking a dip in the hotel's mixed pool. She is now seeking compensation from the hotel.

A travel industry source said: "The mother is adamant that her daughter didn't meet any boys while she was there.

"She is determined to go ahead with the case."

Tourist authorities in Warsaw, Poland, have confirmed they received the bizarre complaint.


If you wonder why I laughed, then you have serious issues. I remember hearing jokes about Polish people when I was a kid, but this goes to a whole new level. Obviously someone is in serious denial about the activities of her 13 year-old daughter. Not to mention how lame it is to claim that a woman could get pregnant from a stray sperm in a swimming pool. That would have to be one powerful little guy. (I must have been absent that day from Sex Ed.) And what on earth was the daughter doing in the pool that would make that happen? This woman needs to brush up a little bit on her biology because that just doesn't work. Nice try, though.

But if the mother is blind enough to say that swimming in this pool got her daughter pregnant, I could see how the girl got pregnant. She obviously didn't have someone looking out for her at home. Mom seems to be a tad off her rocker and in serious denial. So I am sure the little miss was able to get away with who-knows-what with who-knows.

The sad thing is that this completely idiotic case shows how irresponsible people are now-a-days. "My daughter got pregnant and so it has to be someone else's fault!" Right. Try talking to your kid about that one. She had to be involved with an actual person, not some random magical sperm in a pool, in order for life to be created. And take a good look at yourself too, mom, because you didn't do your job and teach your daughter about sex, abstinence, and responsibility. Stop trying to grab at random straws and just accept that you both messed up. Heaven forbid we actually place the blame on ourselves! Then one might actually have to pay the consequences for her actions. Who does that anymore, right?

So blame it on the pool. That's the ticket! That will make the problem go away and everything all better.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Okay, I have to admit that I laughed at this. This woman is beyond stupid. I hope she has to pay the hotel's legal fees.

Anonymous said...

Is that how it happens? I guess I better not swim in any more pools!!!