Monday, August 17, 2009

School Time


School's in session! Anna started on Thursday. Second Grade! So far she is having a blast and loving life with her teacher.

Today was a big day for Rachel since it was her first day of kindergarten. I was very nervous about how my shy gal would do. She had been very anxious about it all weekend. Last night she told Marshall she didn't want to go because she was worried she didn't know everything and would be the only one. He explained that's why you go to school, to learn. Everyone else in her class wouldn't know how to do everything either. That gave her much relief and so she had no problem saying "goodbye" to me this morning. I almost cried, but didn't.

Now it's just me and the boys. It's been a long time since I've only had two kids at home. And Jacob napped the whole morning while Rachel was at kindergarten so Jimmy enjoyed Mommy time. I am sure every day won't be so easy and my very energetic little guys will keep me busy.

I can't believe how fast my girls have grown! (And yes, there is a Jonas Brothers theme going on in the form of shirts, backpacks, and sandals. My girls think they are so handsome. Oh dear. They aren't teenagers already, are they? We're sooo doomed!)

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

So wild! Rachel is so big! I can't believe it. Time just goes too quickly. We start on Monday and although it will be nice in someways, I know I am really going to miss Christian & Shayla. It is going to be soooo strange, just have Olivia & Emma home. What am I going to do with all my 'free time?'

Anonymous said...

They are growing up so fast. I can't believe Rachel started kindergarten. I am so excited for her. I think she will really blossom! Enjoy your time with the boys.